Stage of Long Term Athlete Development Pathway = FUNdamentals & Learn to Train
Whats next after all the fun of AFL Canada Auskick? Kangakick is the next step of junior footy development!
WHAT IS KANGAKICK?
- The progression up from AFL Canada Auskick.
- A fun, social, safe football program.
- A combination of fun skills activities (25%) and modified games (75%)
WHO CAN PLAY?
- Boys and Girls aged 9-12
- Ideally kids who have been involved in the AFL Canada Auskick program previously but no experience necessary.
THE BASICS OF KANGAKICK SESSIONS
- The sessions are compromised of 15 minutes of skills, followed by 45 minutes of modified games.
- Weekly sessions – no training required.
- Games are 6 a side – everyone gets a kick!
- The games are strictly non-contact
- Smaller field – ideally 45 x 50 metres.
- No scores are kept.
- Coaches umpire the games (goal umpires are optional)
- Players are allowed to have one bounce before handpassing or kicking
- Out of bounds:
- Off Hands = a ball up 15 minutes from the boundary
- Off a Kick = a kick is awarded to the opposite team