School Ambassador Program
Are you curious about the sport of Footy? Or do you already know the sport and are eager to share your passion for it with Canadian children and youth at schools and through the community? Want to know how to share it with your local school?
The AFL Canada School Ambassador Program aims to resource, recognize, and reward educators in Canadian schools who strongly promote the game of Australian football in their school and community.
Benefits of bringing Footy into your school:
Provide growth mindset opportunities through learning the skills of a new sport.
Build physical literacy through physical activity
Share a new sport with children and youth in your community.
Encourage lifelong physical activity in children and their families.
Create fundamental movement skill opportunities.
Provide leadership and teamwork opportunities through children and classes learning together.
Provide you and your students with a new way to HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
WHAT DO FOOTY AMBASSADORS GET FROM AFL CANADA:
- Free access to the Level 1 AFL Coaching Accreditation course.
- Free footy lesson plans, teaching material and advertising resources.
- Equipment at wholesale prices
- Free online Auskick Registration portal.
- Access to the AFL Canada funding program.
- 2 eligible schools will receive Footy Goals as a permanent structure on their field, free from AFL Canada.
- A free in school kick-off session from your local club for eligible schools!
WHAT A FOOTY AMBASSADOR NEEDS TO DO:
- Include a week of Footy in your school curriculum
- Run a 6-8 week AusKick program after school, using AFL Canada resources & session plans.
- Act as a point of contact for interested parents, teachers, and students in your area.
- Advertise your local club’s Auskick programs, in school.
- Conduct the AFL Canada School Ambassador Survey and provide results to AFL Canada.